Write your message and submit
Options

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

chrismar035
2009-07-09 18:30:26

Guys,

Great Job on the fix from above!

However, it's the vendor [i]and[/i] the price per gallon which needs to come from the previous fill up.

Keep up the good work!

--Chris

support team
2009-06-19 17:21:11

Dear Chris,

We have fixed the issue you reported.
Statistics will use vendor and fuel type from previous fill-up record, so that correct vendor will get "credit" for MPG value.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

chrismar035
2009-06-09 15:34:22

Awesome! Thank you. I look forward to your solution.

--Chris

support team
2009-06-09 15:26:13

Dear Chris,

You are absolutely correct, each mpg value calculated is actually belongs to previous vendor per say, not a vendor on fill-up record.
We will fix the issue within 2 weeks.

Thanks for reporting the issue and have a great day!

chrismar035
2009-06-09 06:16:57

First, I think the site is great! I just switched from Fuelly and really like the maintenance tracking on mpgtune plus from the other forum posts I've been reading, you guys are really active in the development of the site.

I have more of a theory question/suggestion than a math one:
Maybe I am thinking about this wrong. But it seems to me that if I input a vendor when I fill up, that vendor is getting the last vendor's stats.
I think the Vendors should be shifted up (forward in time) one row.
For instance, if I filled up these three times:
Initial fill up at BP: 14 gallons
Then at Circle K: 12.5 gallons
Then at Marathon: 13 gallons

Really, I used 12.5 gallons of BP gas and 13 gallons of Circle K gas. I'm still using the Marathon gas so I won't know how much until my next fill up.

I'd like to use the Vehicle Statistics > More Details tool to get Fill Ups grouped by Vendor to see which ones were actually the cheapest via $/100mi.  Even if a station is historically 10 cents cheaper per gallon but the mpgs are horrible, it could be cheaper to buy more expensive gas that takes me further.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

--Chris

Board footer